Member of the Bar
- United States Court of Appeals, Eleventh Circuit
- United States District Court for the Southern District of Florida
- United States District Court for the Middle District of Florida
Ivonne is an experienced litigation attorney with over 12 years of experience. She specializes in complex commercial litigation, labor and employment, and healthcare litigation. Prior to joining De Novo Review, Ivonne was a senior associate at Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, P.A., where she counseled hospitals, ambulatory surgery centers, physician practices and medical businesses on issues relating to healthcare litigation, operations and medical staffs. Ivonne also worked on cases involving labor and employment issues, product liability claims, asbestos personal injury and wrongful death actions, intellectual property disputes, and complex commercial business transactions disputes. Ivonne was also an associate at Fowler Rodriguez Valdes-Fauli, Zuckerman Spaeder, LLP, and Greenberg Traurig, P.A., where she concentrated on a wide range of complex commercial litigation matters, healthcare matters as well as labor and employment disputes.
Ivonne earned her law degree cum laude from the University of Miami School of Law, where she was a member of the University of Miami Inter-American Law Review and a board member of the University of Miami Moot Court. During law school, she was a Florida Bar Foundation Fellow, interning for the Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center a/k/a Americans for Immigrant Justice. Ivonne earned her undergraduate degree cum laude from Florida State University. Before law school, she served as a legislative assistant for Florida State Representative Debbie Wasserman Schultz.
Areas of Practice
- Labor and Employment Law
- Healthcare Law
- Business Law
- Securities Law
- Products Liability
- Personal Injury
- Intellectual Property Law
- Senior Associate at Carlton Fields Jorden Burt, P.A.
- Junior Associate at Fowler Rodriguez Valdes-Fauli
- Associate at Zuckerman Spaeder, LLP
- Associate at Greenberg Traurig, P.A.
- Florida Bar Foundation Fellow at Florida Immigrant Advocacy Center a/k/a Americans for Immigrant Justice
- Dean’s Merit Scholarship at University of Miami School of Law
- Dean’s List at University of Miami School of Law Fall 1999, Spring 2000, Fall 2000, Spring 2001 and Fall 2001
- Kurt Murmar Moot Court Board Award at University of Miami School of Law
- University of Miami Inter-American Law Review Most Outstanding Third Year Member
- Florida Bar Foundation Fellow
Professional and Community Involvement
- Board Member of Communities In Schools of Miami, Inc.
- Member of Worldwide Association of Female Professionals
- Co-authored an article titled “Implement an Antitrust Compliance Program” published in the Miami Herald and Opportunity World Magazine